OUR MEMBERS The WSBMWRiders are motorcycle enthusiasts, plain and simple. We are a diverse group of men and women from all walks of life with one major thing in common... we all live to ride motorcycles, especially (but not exclusively) BMW motorcycles. As a member, you’ll have the opportunity to meet and ride with many others who share your passion for riding. We invite you to join this group of like-minded folks who make up our local BMW family!
WSBMWR was formed in 1972 and has grown from its original four charter members to today’s roster of almost 200 households, some with two or more riders. We have a yearly rally, campouts, organized rides, monthly meetings and many other events. This website includes photos and event detail along with many other useful links for riders. Use the links on the left to explore the site; I recommend that you start with the "Events Calendar" and the "Special Events" before (naturally) moving on to "Online Signup" to become a member!
Our main purpose is to encourage and support the enjoyment of riding!
MEETINGS Breakfast meetings, each followed by a ride, are held the first Sunday of every month from September to May (in June, July and August, we assume you won't want to take time off from riding to go to a meeting!). Meetings occur at various locations in the Puget Sound area, and feature presentations by industry professionals and safety experts, as well as reports by Club Board Members and event coordinators.
EVENTS AND RIDES September through May, the Club sponsors group day rides on the first and sometimes the third Sunday of each month. Other special events include:
- An annual Club Ride, a ride-it-your-way informal contest highlighting scenic points across Washington State;
- Hardy souls may want to ride to Snow Camp (a regional event sponsored by South Sound BMW and the BMW Riders Association) at the Sahara Horse Camp just outside Mt. Rainier National Park every January.
- Our Winter getaway weekend to Long Beach WA, normally in February, is a 4-wheeled opportunity for members to meet and commiserate over cold winter rainy weather.
- We kick off the “official” riding season in April with the Rain Run to Manzanita, Oregon. Great riding to and from the Oregon coast and activities while there - dinner, breakfast, sometimes a campfire on the beach.
- May and June usually feature Club campouts, hosted by a club Member or held at a campground. These meetings are often held in Eastern Washington to take advantage of the warm weather.
- The riding year peaks with the Cascade Country Rendezvous, our annual rally, held the last weekend of July. The rally typically draws about 200 participants who enjoy camping, good food, fantastic riding, field events, an awards ceremony, and always great camaraderie.
- A "Turkey Run" ride after the November meeting, leading to a jolly fine dinner at a member's house, where a drawing is held for a free Thanksgiving turkey.
IN ADDITION to these events, many members participate individually in charitable rides, “runs’ sponsored by other groups, and other regional events such as the toy run, the Veteran's Day parade in Auburn, and the occasional vintage moto events. Ideas are always welcome on how to help the community and enhance motorcycling’s image.
All events are posted on the Events Calendar (link at left).
So join WSBMWR today! If you have never been a member, you can become one for your first year at no charge, just by buying either a new or used BMW Motorcycle from these dealers: